Samuel 12:24 “serve him faithfully with all your heart; consider what great things he has done for you.”
Student Leader – As Student Leader you will need to undertake the following duties:
- Chair the meetings of the school council (be in charge of the meetings and run the meetings making sure that everyone gets a chance to contribute their ideas).
- Report School Council ideas to the rest of the school through classroom reps and during assembly.
- Consider School Council ideas with the Principal.
- Welcome and thank visitors that come to our school.
- Write letters to other organisations for fundraising ideas and initiatives.
Deputy Student Leader – As Deputy Student Leader you will need to undertake the following duties:
- Assist the Student Leader in the above duties.
- In the absence of the Student Leader you will be required to act as their substitute.
- Working with the Student Leader in a close partnership.
Class Representative of the Student Council – As a part of the Student Council you will need to undertake the following duties:
- Gather the ideas of the students in your class to take to the Student Council meetings.
- Present ideas to the rest of the School Council by reading them aloud in front of the group.
- Participate in discussions during the meetings and help make decisions.
- Keep a notebook to record ideas and report back the main points from the meeting to your class.
House Captain – As House Captain you will need to undertake the following duties;
- Collect and collate House Points weekly.
- Announce house points winners at the fortnightly assembly.
- At whole school sporting events ensure that your house is participating and are showing the RICH values.
- Organise house meetings to ensure that your house is up-to-date with cheers and any sports notices.
- At break-times you will organise the sports trolley to be available.
- Assist Sports Teacher with gear for ICS sports training or lunchtime sport (including lunchtime tournaments).
- At the end of lunchtime you will ensure all gear is put away and the sport shed is locked.
- Ensure the sports shed is kept tidy and other children are not to be inside.
Environmental – As an Environmental Leader you will need to undertake the following duties:
- Be the student leader for the gardening club
- Participate in the annual waste audit
- Oversee the recycling of Ezi Lunch products (Sushi containers, Subway wrappers)
- Keep track of recycling of classes and present the Enviro Kiwi at the fortnightly assembly
Librarian – As a Librarian you will need to undertake the following duties:
- Be enthusiastic and passionate about the library and reading.
- Assist teachers in charge of the library.
- Clean/tidy the shelves and issue and return books.
- Know how to organise the library shelves according to the Dewey decimal system and monitor the other librarians.
- Organise library meetings with the librarians to discuss what is happening in the library.
- Come up with ideas to promote reading in the school.
- Come up with activities to do with the children during library duties.
- Help with special events, e.g. Book Week, Poetry Week, Dr Suess Week.
- Read to the juniors during library duty time.
Special Character – As a Special Character Leader you will need to undertake the following duties:
- Lead Liturgy assemblies with support from Mrs Bartlett.
- Help plan and prepare liturgies and special events throughout the year.
- Be active at school masses, i.e. candles, booklets.
- Opening prayers for special activities.
- Ensure Religious Education equipment is in good condition, i.e. prayer bags, etc.
Technician – As a Technician you will need to undertake the following duties:
- Ensure that the IT equipment is looked after.
- Set up, operate and put away the data projector and sound system for singing practises, assemblies, etc.
- Collect and store the class ipads at the end of each term and ensure that they are clean and ready for the following term.
- Be available to be called upon by other classroom teachers for support involving IT equipment.
Journalist – As a Journalist you will need to undertake the following duties:
- Reporting about events occurring throughout the school for both the school newsletter and the school Yearbook.
- Take photos at events.
- At the end of assemblies take a photo of the MVP recipients.
- Help the Yearbook lead teacher put together the school Yearbook.
Cultural Leader – As a cultural leader you will need to undertake the following duties:
- Promote cultural activities
- Promote individual cultures during cultural week
- Communicate cultural aspects within the school (cultural board, newsletters, assemblies)
- Establish and promote the cultural calendar
Peer Mediators – As a peer mediator you will need to undertake the following duties:
- Support students in the playground
- Ensure students are following school rules and playing well in the playground
- Help students who have friendship issues by being a good listener and a fair mediator
- Ask for teacher support if the problem cannot be resolved.
- Record names of students showing our Marist values
Leadership Level Badges:
We have levels within Leadership and Service with the expectation that at the end of the year all our leaders will have had the opportunity to achieve level 3 in service and leadership.
These levels are not compulsory, but are available if an individual student wants to develop their leadership skills throughout the year.
Our leaders will be role models at all times displaying our school values of respect, care and honesty.
LEVEL 1 – WHITE BADGE (completing expectations)
LEVEL 2 – SILVER BADGE (initiative)
LEVEL 3 – GOLD BADGE (reflection)